Reports to: Senior HR Manager
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Operational, Staff and Administrative Departments personnel.
- Oversees selection process for new hires and promotions for the groups mentioned above.
- Reviews Terminations and submit for approval provided by Senior HR Manager.
- Implements appropriate actions to raise employee satisfaction levels and ensures regular two-way feedback is undertaken.
- Ensures attendance and attrition is effectively managed and reviewed at site level, with remedial actions taken where necessary.
- Serves as the functional leader for one or more key HR responsibilities including recruitment and selection, associate relations, compliance, training and other HR functions.
- Supports the Senior HR Manager in providing a high quality and proactive service to both internal and external customers, meeting both corporate and statutory requirements, encompassing all aspects of sourcing, employee relations, employee development and reward and adding value in support of company business objectives.
- Provides advice and guidance to the site leadership team on best practices in human resource management and compliance with employment legislation and internal security and audit procedures.
- Works closely with the site team in the development of a performance driven culture that encourages individual ownership of results and associate development.
- Ensures that the company remains fully compliant with changes to employment laws and practices and that these practices are implemented consistently.
- Creates and supports retention initiatives by executing programs developed to improve associate morale, satisfaction, productivity and retention.
- Contributes fully to the business planning process and ensures human resources strategy is aligned with business goals.
- Supports in the effective management of Health and Safety issues at site.
- Supports administration of HR policies, processes and procedures and assists HR team in delivery of overall responsibilities.
- May train, mentor, and assist in the development of others.
- Supports management and all associates within a site.
- Takes personal responsibility to understand and comply with all company and client security requirements and policies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of two year of previous experience in an HR Generalist role or equivalent HR experience required.
- Additional experience in other HR disciplines strongly preferred.
- Experience demonstrating general knowledge, interpretation, and application of employment laws.
- Demonstrated success in conducting behavioral interviews.
- Call Center industry experience preferred. Previous experience in a supervisory/management role a plus.
- Basic knowledge and ability in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good verbal communication skills (active listening, speaks with confidence, uses proper etiquette, uses appropriate grammar/tone/inflection, displays appropriate temperament in conversations, relays information in a concise and logical manner, encourages open exchange of ideas and opinions)
- Good written communication skills (prepares appropriate documents, including reports on recruiting/hiring efforts and associate relations issues; creates and delivers correspondence suitable for a variety of audiences – associates, clients, management, external sources; presents information such as documentation of an event and/or corrective action in a logical sequence that is suitable for internal and external use)
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, including presentation, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong time management skills (multi-tasks, prioritizes work tasks, utilizes resources effectively/efficiently, adapts to changing work demands/priorities/environments)
- Ability to interview potential associates, asking appropriate questions while evaluating responses
- Ability to communicate unpleasant news and difficult information in a productive, prompt and appropriate manner
- Ability to address personnel issues in a confidential, professional manner
- Ability to interview and select staff. Coaches, mentors and motivates others to achieve goals
- Ability to ensure legal and policy compliance
- Ability to investigate issues thoroughly and objectively
- Ability to serve as a change agent
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with management, associates, peers, the general public and clients
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Displays knowledge in the following areas – Sitel hiring policies/procedures and tools/resources, GOS, 9-step selection process, behavioral interviewing, induction processes, HR reporting requirements
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate facts and formulate sound solutions
- Basic understanding of all HR functions
- Basic understanding of regulations and legal requirements applying to employment and hiring
- Specific knowledge in functional focus of recruiting and associate relations
Travel Required: Availability to travel within or outside of the country in accordance to business needs.