Happy Week! Hope everybody had a great weekend and are off to new, great accomplishments.
Sitel rock stars, how do you handle stress while still turning out great numbers and bringing in the big bucks? Here’s our list of quick tips for you:
1. Take a deep breath. Something as simple as taking a few minutes to breath can dramatically help you improve your day. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or are coming out of a tense meeting and need to clear your head, a few minutes of deep breathing will restore balance. Simply inhale for five seconds, hold, and exhale in equal counts through the nose. Deep breathing reduces stress and can even lower blood pressure. Going over this a few times can settle your nerves and reduce your blood pressure.
2. See the big picture. In life, there are things that are out of our control. Identify those aspects of a situation you can control and aspects you can’t. You’re typically in charge of your actions and responses. Stay cool! Don’t take anything said personally, and always remember that words are just that, words. Nothing a person says has any control of your happiness. And by the way, don’t lose sight of the fact that the money you make working in the industry and the professional recognition you receive while at it could actually reduce your life’s stress. Shift your focus onto things that make you happy. And this takes us right into our next tip…
3. Have a positive outlook on life. Take a minute to write out a list of some of the things you are grateful for and make sure you include things about your job. Maybe you are grateful that you can save the money to pay for your children’s school, or perhaps you are grateful for your supportive colleagues here at Sitel. This shift in your state of mind may be all it takes to take you back to your A-game. Instead of being harsh and critical of yourself, try pumping yourself up. Encouraging thoughts will not only motivate you, through your actions they will also inspire others to see the bright side of things! Redirect your mind into feeling grateful about the work you’re doing and the way it’s helping you live the life you want. Think of the big picture.
4. Have a good laugh! Laughing is a natural way to lower stress and increase endorphins—the “happiness hormone.” Whenever you need a good pick me up, put on your favorite funny YouTube videos, look at a funny quote, talk to your best friend, or read some funny jokes. Just a few seconds can have a huge impact on your experience of stress.
5. Prioritize wellness as part of your lifestyle. That is, promoting a state of being healthy in body and mind in everything you do. This includes eating right, keeping an active lifestyle and sleeping well. Whether it means working out every morning, going on a midday walk, doing yoga on weekends or signing up for salsa lessons, give yourself the gift of a well-deserved break. During the work shift, stretch it out with head rolls and shoulder shrugs at your desk. All can be a quick way to help you reduce the amount of stress you experience at work. Let’s not forget about sleep; sufficient sleep is a critical recovery period for the body.
Many of the aforementioned techniques don’t take a lot of time or effort but can have a huge impact on performance. Try them out and see how you can benefit!
Come and apply with us so you too can obtain the many benefits Sitel offers its full time associates! Visit us at Km. 4.5 Carretera Sur, Antigua Embajada Americana, and don’t forget to bring your CV and cédula with you. We’d love to have you as part of our Sitel family! #SitelLife